Acoustics and Sound Systems
The Warner Theater represents the last grand movie palace in downtown Washington. Originally designed by renowned theater architect C. Howard Crane, The Warner opened as The Earle on December 27, 1924. The Warner was designated as a historic landmark in the early 1980’s on both the exterior and the interior.
Following a pattern of movie house restorations in recent years, the Warner was restored and modernized into a performing arts facility. Programming is directed largely to commercial entertainment, primarily Broadway-scale productions and pop entertainers. New sound systems were designed to serve the usual theatrical needs of sound reinforcement, stage monitor, production intercom, backstage page and program monitor, and lobby page/recall and program monitor. Assistive listening facilities were contracted directly by the owner. While the “house” sound reinforcement system can serve most events, large raceways and adequate a.c. power were provided to accommodate large touring sound systems.
Acoustic Consulting Service, A/V Systems Program/Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration
Location: Washington, DC
Architect: Shalom Baranes 202-342-2200